IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
What is Android Auto?
Android Auto is a mobile app developed by Google that allows you to mirror your Android smartphone apps on the car display and entertainment system.
Does my Xperia phone support Android Auto?
According to the Android Auto Support website of Google, you need the following:
- An Android phone running Android 8.0 and up with a data plan.
- If your Xperia phone is running Android 8, or 9, you need to download the Android Auto app.
- If your Xperia phone is running Android 10 or above, Android Auto is built-in.
- A car or stereo that's compatible with Android Auto.
- A high-quality USB cable.
- You need a phone running Android 11 and above to establish a wireless connection, together with a compatible car and stereo.
How do I know what Android version my Xperia phone is?
- Open your smartphone [Settings].
- Scroll to the bottom. You'll see [About phone]. Tap it.
- This is an overview of all sorts of information about your phone, including the Android version.
For more information on Android Auto, visit the Android Auto support website.