IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article.
Subtitles are typically transcriptions of the audio portion of content displayed on the TV screen. They include sound effects and scenic narration, but whether non-speech elements are available depends on the content.
Display subtitles on the TV screen
The subtitle feature is enabled by pressing the SUBTITLE (CC) button on the TV remote control.
Content for which subtitles are available are as follows:
- TV broadcasts: Subtitles may not be available for some TV broadcasts.
- Movies: Subtitles may not be available for some movies.
- Apps such as Google Play Movies & TV: Some apps, such as Netflix, enable subtitles by using their own settings menu instead of pressing the SUBTITLE (CC) button on the TV remote control. In addition, some apps can change the text size and colour.
- Visit the support site of the apps for detailed information, including how to enable features.
- The specifications of Google Play Movies & TV are subject to change without notice.
*Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC