IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
After using the TV, use the TV remote control Power button to turn the TV off and leave it off for one night. It is recommended that you perform this operation every time you use the TV.
You can also reduce image retention by performing the following Panel Calibration as if the TV was turned off overnight:
- On the remote control, press the Quick Settings ( or ) button.
- Select Settings → System → Retail mode settings → Picture reset mode → On.
- Turn the TV off and then back on using the AC power.
- Before running the Panel calibration, a dialogue will appear on the screen. Start the Panel calibration from this dialogue.
- If Picture reset mode is On and you disconnect and reconnect the power cord and then turn on the TV, it will go into standby for approximately 10 minutes to perform the Panel calibration. After Panel calibration is complete, the power will restart and display the TV screen.
- After this operation, set Picture reset mode back to Off.