IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific countries/regions/languages that support Google Assistant. For applicable countries/regions/languages, refer to the following article: Supported countries/regions/languages and how to use Google Assistant.
What languages does Google Assistant support?
How can I change the language on my TV?
Can I use Google Assistant if I don't sign in to my Google account?
How can I see the command list?
When can I use Google Assistant in a different language?
How to search for broadcast-related content using Google Assistant
For more information on how to use Google Assistant, refer to the article: How to use Google Assistant.
Please check the following link: Supported countries/languages and how to use Google Assistant.
Follow these steps to change the language on your TV:
- Open the Settings screen.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select System → Language → desired language.
- Select Device Preference → Language → desired language.
- Select Language → desired language.
It depends on your TV.
- For Google TV™: No, it is required that you sign in to a Google account in order to use Google Assistant.
- For Android TV™: Yes, you can use Google Assistant but with limited functions only.
For a list of commands, refer to the Google Assistant Help article.
We will announce it when that ability is ready.
Google Assistant can respond to your search request, depending on what you are doing with the TV, such as watching TV programmes or recorded content.
For instance, if you say a search keyword when watching TV, Google Assistant will provide a list of TV programmes that match the keyword and are being broadcast now as well as those in the future. If you say a search keyword when the recorded list is displayed, Google Assistant will show recorded content that matches the keyword.
*Google and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.