IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific countries/regions/languages that support Google Assistant.
For applicable countries/regions/languages, refer to the following article: Supported countries/regions/languages and how to use Google Assistant.
- Q1: What is Google Assistant and how does it work?
- Q2: What is required in order to use Google Assistant function?
- Q3: What functions on my TV can Google Assistant control?
For Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), please see the following article: Frequently Asked Questions for Google Assistant
Meet Google Assistant: it’s your own personal Google, always ready to help, and is now available on Android TV™ and Google TV™ devices. With Google Assistant built in, you can ask Google Assistant to play your favourite movie or TV show, check the score of your favourite team, control your TV, dim the lights and more - using just your voice.
To start using Google Assistant, on your TV remote control, press the MIC (microphone) or Google Assistant button, or select the voice icon or Search on the Home menu, then speak. It’s that easy!
To learn more about what Google Assistant can do, you can ask it What can you do? or read the What you can ask Google Assistant article for details.
- An Android TV or Google TV
- A compatible remote control with a MIC button
- A Google account (required for Android TV if you use the full function)
- An Internet connection
For details refer to the What you can ask Google Assistant on Android TV article.
*Google and Android TV are trademarks of Google LLC.