IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
In this article, we'll go over the checks you can perform if your Soundbar is not playing any sound when connected to the TV.
- Tip: Keep something playing on the TV while going over these steps to verify if you've solved the issue.
- Most soundbars have a small panel on the front that lights up to verify if it has power.
Check if everything's properly connected
Your Soundbar is plugged into a working power socket with the power cord and connected to the TV with the HDMI (recommended) or optical cable.
- Make sure the Soundbar is correctly plugged into the TV using the right cables (HDMI or Optical cable). To be sure, you can try to unplug and replug the HDMI or Optical cable again.
- Verify if the HDMI cable is connected to the HDMI port labelled ARC (Audio Return Channel) on the TV and the Soundbar.
- In the example below, you can see
- TV linked a soundbar with the eARC/ARC and HDMI port
- Soundbar (HDMI IN) linked with PlayStation/BDP/Set-top box (HDMI OUT)
- Depending on your soundbar model, you have an additional cable for S-center speaker mode, which is optional
Check the settings: input source & TV audio settings
Selecting the correct input on the Soundbar
- Make sure the correct input is selected on the Soundbar. You can use the Soundbar remote or the input button, usually located on the top or front of the Soundbar.
- Keep pressing until you see TV appear on the front panel of the Soundbar.
- Power button
- INPUT button
- Music service (model dependant)
- Volume buttons
- Top speakers (model dependent)
- Bluetooth indicator
- Front panel display
- Remote control sensor
Selecting the correct Audio setting on the TV
- Go into your TV Audio settings.
- The default setting is that your TV plays sound through the TV speakers.
- You want to select External speakers
Check if the volume is low or muted
- Increase the volume on both the TV and the Soundbar. Maybe someone accidentally lowered the volume.
You can use the Soundbar remote or the volume buttons on top of the Soundbar.
- Check if the Soundbar or TV is muted. Look for the mute button (crossed speaker) on the Soundbar and TV remote, and make sure it's not turned on.
I've checked the connections and adjusted the settings but I still have no sound. What else can I do?
Test with other devices or alternative inputs
- Try another audio source, such as your smartphone (via Bluetooth).
- If you have the option, try connecting the Soundbar to a different TV or a different soundbar to the same TV to see if the problem is specific to one device.
Power cycle (simple reset)
- Turn off the TV and the Soundbar. Unplug both devices from the power source and wait a few minutes.
- Plug them back in and turn them on again. Check if the sound works now.
Install the latest Firmware update
- You can go to your soundbar product page, and you will find the latest available firmware in the Download section.
As a last resort, you can reset the Soundbar and the TV to their default settings. Just to let you know, this will erase any previously configured settings.
You can find the reset procedure in your product Help Guide, or you can check our summary article on soundbar reset procedures.
You may need customer support if none of these steps has solved the problem.