If your model is not listed in the Applicable Products and Categories section, refer to the following article: The Walkman battery cannot be charged.
If your Walkman battery doesn't charge, check the following:
- If you attempt to charge the Walkman while you are using it, it requires more time to charge completely.
- When you use the Walkman for the first time, or if you have not used the Walkman for an extended period, the battery may be completely drained.
If this is the case, the display will not appear on the screen when you first start charging but will appear after about 30 minutes of charging.
My Walkman has a USB Type-C port
To charge the Walkman, use the supplied USB cable. Third-party cables are not guaranteed to work correctly.
If you want to use a commercially available cable, make sure that it is a USB Type-C cable that
- complies with the USB standard,
- has data transmission functionality,
- and has a 56K Ohm resistor.
If the cable does not comply with the USB standard, the Walkman cannot be charged.
I charge the Walkman using a USB AC adaptor
- Use a USB AC adapter with a potential current of 1.5A.
- Use the USB AC adapter with the supplied USB cable.
- Check that the USB cable is firmly connected to both the Walkman and USB AC adapter and that the USB AC adapter is securely connected to an AC outlet.
I charge my Walkman using a computer
- Use the supplied USB cable.
- Do not use a "charge-only" USB cable, or a USB cable with no data transmission functionality.
- The Walkman cannot be charged when the computer is in sleep mode, even if you connect it to the computer. Be sure to cancel the sleep mode before attempting to charge the Walkman.
- If the Walkman is connected via a separate USB hub, the Walkman cannot be charged.
- If your computer has multiple USB ports, connect the Walkman to another USB port, and try charging again.
Try a Reset
If the issue is not resolved after checking all the items above, reset (restart) the Walkman. For details on how to reset the Walkman, refer to the Help Guide for your model Walkman.
Remember, no data or settings are deleted when you reset the Walkman.