IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the Help Guide or manual supplied with the product.
Just push the button on your headphones and talk to Alexa. You can use the Amazon Alexa app to do things like play music or check news and information that you are interested in without operating your smartphone directly.
You need the following requirements to use Amazon Alexa:
Headphones that support Amazon Alexa
- To check if your headphones support Amazon Alexa, see the Applicable Products and Categories section of This Article.
- Update the headphones software to the latest version. Visit the Sony Support website, search for your headphones by entering the model number, and then go to the Downloads section.
Headphones Connect app
The latest version of the Headphones Connect app must be installed.
Smartphones that support the Amazon Alexa app
The latest version of the Amazon Alexa app must be installed.
When using Amazon Alexa for the first time, add your device with the Amazon Alexa app.
- Turn on your headphones and connect them to your smartphone via Bluetooth function.
- Start the Amazon Alexa app.
- Tap (Menu) in the upper left corner, and then tap Add Device.
- The "What type of device are you setting up?" screen is displayed.
Scroll down on the screen and tap Headphones.
- The Select your device screen is displayed.
Tap the relevant headphone model listed under AVAILABLE DEVICES.
On iOS, headphone models are shown as LE_*** (headphones model name).
NOTE: If your headphones are not connected to the smartphone via Bluetooth function, the model name will not be displayed under AVAILABLE DEVICES.
- Tap CONTINUE.
- If a screen requesting Bluetooth pairing is displayed, tap Pair.
- If the following screen is displayed, tap CONTINUE.
- When the Setup Complete screen is displayed, tap DONE.
1. Turn on your headphones and connect them to your smartphone via Bluetooth function.
2. Start the Amazon Alexa app.
3. Start the Headphones Connect app and change the function of the headset button to Amazon Alexa.
4. Push the button on the headphones to use Amazon Alexa.
- Push the button shortly to input audio.
- Push the button shortly a second time to cancel audio input.
NOTE: If you do not input audio for a certain period, Alexa voice input will be cancelled automatically.
Example) The location of the button on WH-1000XM2 and WI-1000X.