To register your product, you'll first have to create a MySony account.
A MySony account allows you to:
- enjoy offers and promotions
- get extensive product support via registration and the Support By Sony app
- connect and meet with the online Sony community.
How to create a MySony account
- First, enter a valid e-mail address
- Fill in your details
- Choose and confirm a password. Select a secret question and fill out a reply.
The secret question enables you to unlock your account if you should forget your password.
- Set up your email communication preferences.
- You will receive an e-mail with a link to activate your account.
To complete the registration, open the email and click on the link. The activation link will expire in 72 hours.
If the link expires, you will need to request another activation link. Here's an example of the e-mail:
- Once your account is activated, you can log in here
How to register a Sony product in MySony
- After you've logged in, you'll be able to register all your Sony products.
Click on [Register a new product] in the side menu, or click the blue button.
- Fill out your product details. You can use the links available if you're unsure what your model name or serial number is.
- A marketed name can differ from the official product name (e.g. Alpha 7 = ILCE-7)
- Entering your purchase date will help you remember your warranty period
- Once you've entered your correct product name, you will be prompted to provide the serial number, which is optional.
- Once a product is registered, you'll be able to
- Rate & review your product
- Get quick one-click access to the product page which offers
- Help Guides & instruction manuals
- Firmware updates & software (product dependent)
- Tips & troubleshooting
- Quick one-click access to the Sony support repair page
- Easily see community discussions related to your product