By design, the DualShock4 wireless controller is meant to be connected to the Blu-ray player via Bluetooth only. The device cannot be operated by a DualShock4 wireless controller that is connected to the player via USB cable.
For the pairing procedure, try the following steps.
- From the Blu-Ray Disc player Home Screen, select Setup.
- Select Bluetooth Settings.
- Verify that Bluetooth Mode is ON.
- Go back to Setup and select System Settings.
- Select DUALSHOCK4 wireless controller.
- After selecting the Register Controller menu, press and hold the Share and PlayStation buttons for up to 8 seconds on your DualShock4 wireless controller. The controller should flash white light from the light bar.
A confirmation message will appear on the screen, saying "Wireless Controller is connected" when the pairing is successful.