IMPORTANT: Performing a factory reset will wipe all of your data and settings on your TV.
Please use the following steps if you would like to perform a factory reset on Sony's Android TV:
- Press the HOME button to enter the home screen.
- Using your standard remote control, press the down arrow button and navigate down the media shelves until you reach Settings.
- On the TV shelf, scroll to the right using the right arrow button until you reach Storage & reset.
- Navigate down using the down arrow button to Factory data reset.
- Then select Erase everything.
We recommend creating a backup of your channel list onto a USB stick. This will allow you to easily restore your channel list after performing a factory reset. The following steps detail how to back up your channel list:
- Save you channel list by exporting the data onto an empty USB stick
- Perform a factory reset
- Insert the USB stick with your channel list into your TV
- Import your channel list back onto your TV
- The factory reset may take a few moments. Please wait until your're informed that the process has been completed
- If you had set a PIN-code on your TV, you will be asked to enter this PIN-code when you select the option "Erase everything"
- The Touchpad pairing sequence will have to be activated again after a factory reset. The following FAQ explains the steps you should take if you cannot use your Touchpad remote .
- The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model or firmware version
You can also perform a (soft) RESET by using the following procedure:
- Press and hold the Power button on the remote until the "Power off" message appears/ is displayed (approx. 5 seconds)
- Release the Power button when "Power off" message appears on-screen
- The TV will then turn itself off. Wait for a minute before turning it on again
IMPORTANT: Performing a (soft) reset does not erase your settings or downloaded apps; it just resets the TV's software.