IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Xperia devices running Android 10
- Xperia devices running Android 9.0
LTE is not supported by all operators therefore, support for LTE can vary by market and region. Alternatively, you might be in a location with poor LTE reception. Try these methods one after the other and, if possible, solve the problem:
- Contact your operator and check that your operator supports LTE, your contract includes LTE and that LTE is available at your location.
- If it's not activated, activate LTE in the device.
- Check the signal strength icon in the status bar to make sure that your device is connected to a network. If the signal is low or there is no signal, move to an open location, or get close to a window.
- Turn off your device and then turn it back on. Then search for a network from the device to check if an LTE network is available.
Activating LTE in the device
To activate LTE in the device
- Find and tap Settings → Network & Internet → Mobile network → Advanced → Preferred network type.
- Select 4G (preferred)/3G/GSM.
Searching for networks
To search for available mobile networks
- Find and tap Settings → Network & Internet → Mobile network → Advanced.
- Tap the on-off switch beside Automatically select network to the right.
- Select an available LTE network in the list that appears.