IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Your TV will automatically turn on at a specific time when using the On timer function. Waking up to your favourite morning news programme is one example of how convenient this function is. What's more, the On timer function can also turn off the TV automatically after a certain period of time, so you can leave the house without turning off the TV.
Sony recommends you use the Talkback function to set up the On timer function.
Setting up the On timer
- On the TV remote control, press the HOME button.
- Press the arrow buttons to select Timers & Clock, then press the Enter button.
- To set up the On timer, press the Right arrow button to select Edit, then press the Enter button.
The Timers menu has seven setting items: Time, Day, Timer activation, Inputs, Channel, Volume setup, and Duration.
- Multiple settings are available by pressing the Up arrow button to select Add.
- The Reminder function can save up to 18 TV programmes.