IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Depending on the model, a software update to Android 9 may be required.
This article briefly describes what each major item in the Settings menu contains.
To display the Settings menu, press the HOME button on the remote control, then select Settings.
- Watching TV: Broadcast settings such as channel setup, external inputs, recording, subtitles, parental control, cable/satellite box etc.
- Display & Sound: Settings for picture and sound adjustments
- Network & Internet: Settings for Internet and home network connections
- Accounts & Sign-In: Google account settings
- Apps: Settings for apps
- Device Preferences: Other device settings such as date & time, language, accessibility, Chromecast built-in etc.
- Remotes & Accessories: Settings for the remote control and Bluetooth device connections
Suggestions will also be displayed if there are any recommended but unconfigured items.