If your Blu-ray player doesn’t respond when trying to play back specific discs,
please perform the following solutions and check whether the issue is resolved after each step.
- For the BDP-S4200 & BDP-S5200: update with the latest firmware
- Press and hold the power key button on the player for more than 10 seconds until the player turns off.
- Disconnect then reconnect the AC power cord.
- Turn on the player and remove the disc by pressing the eject button.
- Change this setting in the Setup menu:
- [Screen Settings]
- [BD-ROM 24p Output] -> [Off]