Before you start
- Not all TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, or Home Theater systems have Internet capability. You can check if your unit is Internet-capable in your device specifications on our support website.
- You will need access to a Web browser on a computer or another Internet-capable device.
- The Prime Video app usually comes pre-installed on Sony TVs. However, the app can also be downloaded from the Google Play Store on an Android TV/Google TV.
- Only Android TVs/Google TVs can download apps. Other TVs have pre-installed apps, or apps that are added/or removed from the system on the server.
- If you can't download apps on your TV, learn how to use streaming services (e.g. Amazon Prime Video) on non-Android TVs.
- Learn how to check if you have an Android/Google or a non-Android TV.
- The Prime Video app is available in over 200 countries and territories (as of November 2020), however, the availability of the app may vary depending on the country and the type of TV you have (Android/Google vs non-Android).
- Even though most non-Android TVs support the Prime Video app, the app is only supported by non-Android TVs in the following European countries (as of November 2020): Austria, Germany and the UK.
How to access the Amazon Prime Video app and register your device
BRAVIA TV apps (How to distinguish Android TVs/Google TVs & non-Android TVs)
How to use Google Chromecast (Google support)
Is Prime Video Included with Amazon Prime? (Amazon support)