There are three ways to pair your WF-1000XM4 to your device.
Download the Headphones Connect app to adjust settings like touch controls, ambient sound settings and even check that you’re wearing your headphones correctly.
With the Headphones Connect app you can find the optimal size earbud tips for you.
With Adaptive Sound Control the Headphones Connect app detects what's happening around you and adjusts Noise Cancelling or Ambient Sound Control settings for you.
Just open the Headphones Connect App and switch it on to use its default detection mode.
If you want to customise it even further, you can adjust Noise Cancelling or External Sound Capture preferences through the app.
The Headphones Connect app detects what’s happening around you and what you’re doing. Then it adjusts settings like Noise Cancelling and Ambient Sound levels automatically. So, if you’re running, ambient sound levels might go up, then go down when you’re sitting in a cafe.
Enable "Detection of Actions" in your Headphones Connect app to begin with the default detection settings.
You can stick with default settings or change them to your liking, for example, putting Ambient Sound levels up when you're walking to hear the world around you.
Noise Cancelling and Focus on Voice
Shut the world off and hear only what you want to hear – from nothing at all to voices only.
Set up your headphones to change settings to your liking at the locations you visit frequently.
Set up your headphones so that when you want to have a conversation, all you need to do is start talking.
Please accept Youtube cookies to watch this video
Access your cookie preferences below and make sure to switch on the Youtube cookie under the 'Functional' section.
Watch the video to see how Speak-to-chat works on the WF-1000XM4.
Fine-tune your equaliser settings and adjust your streaming and upscaling settings for a better listening experience that suits your taste.
Find the sound that’s perfect for you and for everything you listen to, with an equaliser, high-quality Bluetooth settings and audio upscaling from DSEE Extreme.
Find out how to try a whole new sound experience with revolutionary 360 Reality Audio
360 Reality Audio is an immersive music experience that lets your WF-1000XM4 headphones create a 360 spherical sound field — so you can enjoy music from every direction. Just head to the Headphones Connect App to get started.
How to listen to 360 Reality Audio
Get started with 360 Reality Audio and find out how to stream 360 Reality Audio tracks on your phone.
Find out how to set up your Voice Assistant and customise Touch Sensor functions.
Find out how to use the Voice Assistant on your WF-1000XM4 headphones. It's as easy as asking, "Hey Google, what is the weather today?" to know whether you need to grab your coat on the way out.
Open your Headphones Connect App and activate your Voice Assistant from the System tab. Then just select the Voice Assistant you normally use (Google, Alexa, Siri) to get started.
Set up your headphones' Touch Sensor functions so that they work most intuitively for you.
Commonly asked questions
Have a question that needs answering? Check here first and learn about the most frequently asked questions from other WF-1000XM4 ear bud users.
- Place the earbuds into the charging case.
- Hold your fingers on the touch sensors on both earbuds until the red indicator flashes (about 10 seconds), and then release your fingers.
- The intialization is complete when the green indicator flashes four times.
- While lossy music files (like MP3s) are great for saving space on your device, they are missing vital information from the song’s original recording file. On the other hand, High-Resolution Audio file formats (such as FLAC and WAV) are created with lossless compression that allows the original data from a recording to be reconstructed almost perfectly by a class of algorithms. DSEE HX™ Technology lies somewhere in between.
- Few things can boost your motivation and confidence than listening to your favourite music tracks during a workout. Lots of people like to get in their music bubble and double down.
- Enable NFC on your Android smartphone.
- Your headphones (left earcup) or earbud case are marked with an NFC logo like the one you see in the picture below. The back of your phone might be marked too. Unlock your smartphone and touch the back of your phone to the NFC mark. The phone may touch the headphones or case.
- Your smartphone will vibrate and automatically connect to your headphones via Bluetooth without accessing the settings or menu.
- Noise-cancelling can be the very reason you chose to buy headphones or earphones. You may want to cancel out noise on your daily commute, during a flight, or block out noisy neighbours.
- Sound can only travel if there is a medium to transport it, for e.g. air, water, glass or metal. If you stand in an empty room with a speaker playing music, you will hear the music. However, if the air from this room is removed for a few seconds, the speaker will still function, but you won’t hear any sound as there’s no medium to transport the sound waves. Similarly, Space is a vacuum — so it generally doesn’t carry sound waves like air does here on Earth (though some sounds do exist in outer space, we just can’t hear them)
- Holding the headphones, gently pull the earbud tips while twisting and rotating. Note: Do not pull on the polyurethane foam portion of the earbud tip. Doing so may cause the earbud tip to be torn or damaged.
- Using a soft dry cloth, wipe off any water or moisture on the headphones. For more detailed cleaning instructions read the following article.
- Make sure your source device (e.g. smartphone) is placed within 1 m (3 feet) of the headset.
- Make sure the headset is charged sufficiently.
- If the Bluetooth headphones are turned on, turn them off.
- Activate Pairing mode on the Bluetooth headphones.