You can check what apps can be installed on Sony's Android TV from the Google Play Store. Here's how to tell the difference between an Android and non-Android TV.
If you wish to install apps on your Sony's Android TV, start by going to the Home menu, by pressing the HOME button on your remote control
- Then, scroll down to the Apps shelf and select the Store - Google Play icon
- You will then be taken to Google's applications store: Google Play, where you can browse for applications, and download and install them on your TV.
- The screenshots provided here are for reference only. The actual screen might differ slightly according to your country, model or firmware version.
- Google Play on the TV only displays apps that are supported by the TV, so apps that are not displayed are not supported at the moment.
- Bravia Smart TV's are only able to run the catch-up/on-demand apps that are made explicitly available for these models through the Sony's Internet Contents. That's why you cannot install 3rd-party apps from other sources (e.g Google Play store) on Sony televisions that are not Sony Android TVs.
- What apps are available on Sony's Android TV?