About this download
- Date released:13/02/2012
- Applicable models & File Name:
- STR-DA6400ES: A64E_1069.zip
- Benefits and improvements:Support change of contents distribution method of SHOUTcast Internet radio.
Note: It may not possible to listen to the contents if the delivery service close or the contents transmission system is changed.
- Windows PC with access to the internet
- LAN cable to connect your receiver to the internet
- Supplied CD-ROM
- ES Utility 1.0 or 2.0
- Operating System
- For ES Utility 1.0 or 2.0:Windows Vista Home Basic/ Home Premium/ Business/Ultimate (SP1、32 bit/64 bit) Windows XP Home Edition/ Professional/ Media Center Edition 2005 (SP3、32 bit)
- Minimum Computer requirements:
- Clock Speed:1 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM) (Windows XP):512 MB or more
- HDD:20 MB or more free disk space.
280 MB free disk space is required when .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed.
- Display:1024 × 768, High Color (65536 colors) or higher resolution
- Network:100Base-TX or higher
How to make sure the update goes smoothly
Updating is usually very simple. Here’s how you can make sure it goes right first time:
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Don’t turn the Receiver off– or disconnect it from the power – while it’s updating.
- Don’t press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Turn master volume to -∞before operation.
- Connect to the network using a wired connectionfor assured update
The ES Utility software is required to perform the firmware update. Follow the steps below to install the ES Utility software on your computer:
Note: It is not necessary to install the ES Utility if you have previously install this utility.
- Power on your computer and login as administrator or with an account with administrator rights.
- Insert the the supplied ES Utility CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- The installation launcher automatically starts and displays the Software Setup screen.
- If the installation launcher does not start, navigate to the CD-ROM files and double-click the "SetupLauncher.exe" file.
- If you do not have the ES Utility CD,download here the ES Utility application to your computer, open the downloaded folder, and then double-click the "SetupLauncher.exe" file.
- Install the ES Utility application software following the instructions given in the message on the screen.
- At the "Welcome to the Software Setup" screen, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I accept the terms of the license agreement", and then click "Next".
- At the "Software Setup" screen, under "Software" click theES Utilityicon.
- At the "Software Setup screen", under ES Utility clickInstall.
- At the "Welcome to the ES Installer" screen, clickNext.
- At the "Setup Type" screen, selectCustom, and then clickNext.
- At the "Choose a Destination Folder" screen, clickNext.
- At the "Add a desktop shortcut" screen, selectAdd a shortcut to the desktop, and then clickNext.
- At the "Install the program" screen, clickInstall.
- At the "ES Utility was successfully installed" screen, clickFinish.
The software is installed and the ES Utility icon is placed on your desktop.
- Download the firmware file to your Desktop.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions below and click download file
- When prompted, save the file to your Desktop.
- Connect the receiver to network using a LAN cable.
- Ensure the receiver is connected to the TV.
- Power on the receiver and wait 30-50 seconds for the U-com communication.
- On the receiver remote commander pressGUI MODEto showGUI MODE ONin the display window.
- Ensure the TV is powered on. The menu is displayed on the TV screen.
Note:If your receiver has already been configured to connect with your home network, please skip to step 11
- On the remote commander, use the up/down arrow buttons to selectSettings-Network-Network Setup.
- At theNetwork Setupmenu, selectInternet Setup.
- At theInternet Setupscreen, selectConnect Automatically (DHCP).
The message "Connecting... Please wait." may appear.
- When the receiver has successfully connected to the network, selectFinishand press the Enter button.
- By using the Up/Down arrow buttons and enter selectSettings-System-System Updateon the menu window.
- SelectPC update, selectStartand press enter.
- ThePC updatewindow appear.
- On the computer double-clickES Utility.
- Double-click the Receiver connecting the network.
- At the "ES Utility" screen, move the scroll bar on the left to selectSystem.
- At the "System Settings" screen, to the right of "File Path", clickBrowseto locate the file you downloaded.
- ClickStart Update.
- At the "Start Update" screen, clickYesto start the update process. This update takes 15-30 minutes to complete.
Note:The MULTI CHANNEL DECODING lamp on the front panel flashes while updating. After the updating complete, the flashing will disappear.
- After the update completes, clickExit.
- Power off the receiver and disconnect from the computer.
The firmware software update is complete.
Questions & Answers
See our FAQ's about updating firmware
How can I check the software version in the receiver?
- On the remote commander, press theGUI MODEbutton to display GUI MODE OFF in the display window of the receiver.
- On the remote commander, press theMENUbutton, then press the up/down arrow buttons to selectSystem Settings, and then press the enter button.
- Use the up/down arrow buttons to selectVERSION x.xxx.This will display the current version information for the receiver.
In case update has not been completed successfully please do the following:
- Verify you have downloaded the corrected file for your receiver.
- Please verify your firewall settings:
- When using firewall of Windows:Add ES Utility in the exception settings of the firewall. (please refer to your computer instructions manual or Windows website for more information).
- When using using generic firewall:Disable the firewall or register the ES Utility as permitted programs.Please refer to the operating instructions or Help option form more information.