- Windows PC with access to the internet
- LAN cable to connect your receiver to the internet
- Operating System
- Windows Vista Home Basic/ Home Premium/ Business/Ultimate (SP1、32 bit/64 bit) Windows XP Home Edition/ Professional/ Media Center Edition 2005 (SP3、32 bit)
- Minimum Computer requirements:
- CPU: Celeron
- Clock Speed: 1 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM) (Windows XP): 512 MB or more
- HDD: 20 MB or more free disk space.
280 MB free disk space is required when .NET Framework 2.0 is not installed.
- Display: 1024 × 768, High Color (65536 colors) or higher resolution
- Network: 100Base-TX or higher
The ES Utility software is required to perform the firmware update. Follow the steps below to install the ES Utility software on your computer:
Note: It is not necessary to install the ES Utility if you have previously install this utility.
- Power on your computer and login as administrator or with an account with administrator rights.
- Insert the the supplied ES Utility CD into your CD-ROM drive.
- The installation launcher automatically starts and displays the Software Setup screen.
- If the installation launcher does not start, navigate to the CD-ROM files and double-click the "SetupLauncher.exe" file.
- If you do not have the ES Utility CD, download here the ES Utility application to your computer, open the downloaded folder, and then double-click the "SetupLauncher.exe" file.
- Install the ES Utility application software following the instructions given in the message on the screen.
- At the "Welcome to the Software Setup" screen, read the agreement, then, if you agree, click "I accept the terms of the license agreement", and then click "Next".
- At the "Software Setup" screen, under "Software" click the ES Utility icon.
- At the "Software Setup screen", under ES Utility click Install.
- At the "Welcome to the ES Installer" screen, click Next.
- At the "Setup Type" screen, select Custom, and then click Next.
- At the "Choose a Destination Folder" screen, click Next.
- At the "Add a desktop shortcut" screen, select Add a shortcut to the desktop, and then click Next.
- At the "Install the program" screen, click Install.
- At the "ES Utility was successfully installed" screen, click Finish.
The software is installed and the ES Utility icon is placed on your desktop.