- Why doesn't an app work as expected after I updated to Android 9.0 (Pie)?
- After I update my device software, an app stops working, what can I do?
- Android 9.0 Pie
If an app stops working or doesn't work as expected after you updated to Android 9.0 (Pie), you should uninstall the app and then reinstall it.
If this doesn't solve the problem, it will most likely be solved when the app gets its next update. It will then be optimised for the new Android software version running on your device. If you still experience issues, contact the third-party application vendor.
To uninstall an app from the Settings menu
- Find and tap Settings > Apps & notifications > See all [number of apps] apps.
- Find and tap the app you want to uninstall, then tap UNINSTALL.
To uninstall an app from the Application screen
- Find the app you want to uninstall, then touch and hold it until the device vibrates.
- In the menu that opens, tap Uninstall.
To update an app using Google Play
- Find and tap Play Store.
- Drag the left edge of the screen to the right, then tap My Apps & games.
- Find the app you want to update, then tap UPDATE beside that app.