The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a unique identification or serial number that your device has.
You can find your model number and IMEI using the following methods:
1. You can find the IMEI using the phone dialer
How to find the IMEI number using the phone dialer
- From your Home screen, tap the phone dialer icon.
- Find and tap the dialpad icon.
- Type the following code: *#06#. The IMEI information appears.
2. You can find your model number and IMEI using the Support app
How to find the model number and IMEI using the Support app
- From your home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Support app.
- You can find your model number and IMEI under the Device information section.
3. You can find your model number and IMEI in your Settings
How to find the model number and IMEI using the Settings app
- Go into Settings
- Android 10: System → About phone.
- Android 8: About phone → Status → IMEI information.
Note! The path may differ on older Android versions.
- Amongst the phone information, the IMEI number is listed.
4. You can find your model number and IMEI on the original box of your phone
Find the label on the box of your phone. Both the model number and IMEI are printed.
5. I can’t start my phone: how do I check the IMEI number?
Check the SIM card slot
Newer Xperia devices have the IMEI number inside the SIM card slot on a label tray.
Note! The following methods may differ between device models
- Remove the SIM card holder to access the label tray.
- Some models have the IMEI number inside the memory card slot. Use your finger nail or an unfolded paper clip (or similar) to drag the label tray outwards.
- Devices with a removable back cover, have the IMEI number under the back cover.