IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
What are the reasons an app has disappeared from the application screen?
- The app has been deleted
- The app has been disabled
- The app has been hidden. For example, some Xperia™ devices that run on Android™ version 4.2 or higher can hide apps from the Application screen.
Try the following methods one after the other. Verify whether the problem was solved after each method before trying the next one.
Verify what apps are installed on your smartphone (Android 9 and above)
- Find and tap Play Store.
- At the top right, tap your profile picture/ initial.
- Tap My apps & games.
- Tap the INSTALLED tab.
Download and reinstall the app from Google Play™
If you are missing a third-party app from the Application screen, you may have uninstalled it by mistake.
Enable the app in the Settings menu
If you are missing a pre-installed app on the Application screen, you may have disabled it by mistake.
Sony applications like Music, Album, Alarm and Messaging have a Disable/Enable option.
Some Google™ apps like Chrome may also have the Disable/Enable option. All other third-party apps can be uninstalled.
- Find and tap Settings → Apps & notifications → App info.
- Tap All apps → Disabled apps.
- Select the app that you want to enable, then tap Enable.
Reset the app preferences
This action resets all disabled apps, disabled app notifications, default applications for certain actions, and background data restrictions for apps.
- Find and tap Settings → Apps & notifications → See all (no of) apps / App info.
- Tap icon → Reset app preferences
- Tap RESET APPS from the pop-up window that appears on the screen.
Rearrange the apps on the application screen
Select the Custom/Own order or By name/Alphabetical in the Application screen menu.