IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- If your TV is a IR Blaster compatible model, refer to How to setup the IR Blaster to control the TV and a set-top box during the Initial Setup process.
- This article only applies to specific models, Operating Systems and Countries/Regions.
Step 1: Verify whether your TV has a TV box setup or Cable/Satellite box setup. Go to Settings → Watching TV → External inputs, the set-top box control is compatible.
Step 2: Please follow the steps below.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Watching TV → External inputs → TV box setup → TV box control setup.
- Select Watching TV → External inputs → Cable/Satellite box setup → Cable/Satellite box control setup.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- This feature does not work on some set-top boxes.
- When operating the TV’s remote control, point it at the set-top box.
- Depending on the external devices, some buttons may not respond.
- If you press and hold a button on the remote control, the operation may not work. Instead, try pressing the button repeatedly.
- REC(STB) on screen key does not work for STB which does not have the recording function.