IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Table of contents
- TV centre speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode
- Acoustic Center Sync
- Speaker cable connection
- Performing a calibration
TV centre speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode
When connecting a TV with TV Centre speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode to an Audio System or Soundbar, you can use your TV as part of your centre speaker. By using your TV as part of your centre speaker, conversations sound natural because you can hear them from the screen and its vicinity. Models with TV centre speaker mode or S-Center speaker mode have CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals or S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminals on the back of the TV.
- CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal: By connecting to a home theatre (with an AV receiver), you can use the TV speaker as a centre speaker.
- S-CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal: By connecting to a specific Sound Bar that has an S-CENTER SPEAKER OUT terminal with a TV centre speaker mode cable (supplied with the soundbar), you can use the TV speaker as a part of your centre speaker.
Note: The S-Center speaker input is compatible with the HT-A9, HT-A7000 and HT-A5000 soundbar models (as of August 2022).
Acoustic Center Sync
If your TV supports both Acoustic Surface Audio/Acoustic Multi Audio and Acoustic Center Sync, with Acoustic Center Sync, the sound can match exactly what's displayed on the screen exactly where the character is standing in the scene. Providing more precisely tuned actions and sound for a more immersive experience.
Speaker cable connection
The following is an example of a connection between an AV receiver and a TV. Use a speaker cable to connect the AV receiver to the CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal of the TV.
- A: AV receiver
- B: TV
- C: Speaker cable
- D: CENTER OUT terminal for speakers
- E: CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal - The type of CENTER SPEAKER IN terminal varies depending on the model.
- F: HDMI cable or Optical digital audio cable - The TV and AV receiver must be connected by either an HDMI cable (ARC connection) or Optical digital audio cable. For additional details, refer to the BRAVIA Connectivity Guide.
- Connect the speaker cable properly so that the polarities (+/-) between the TV and AV receiver match.
- To output audio from the Home Theatre, follow the steps below:
- For BRAVIA TVs released in 2021 or later: Press the Quick Settings button, then select Settings → Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- For other models: Press the HOME button, then select Settings → Display & Sound → Audio output → Speakers → Audio system.
- If the TV centre speaker mode in Audio Out is set to OFF, turn it ON.
- If you can’t output any audio from the speakers, you need to check the AV receiver’s setting or audio signal. Please refer to the instruction manual for AV receivers.
Performing an automatic calibration
When you perform a calibration, use the automatic calibration function of your audio system. The measured distance may be several meters further than the actual distance. If your audio system does not have automatic calibration, set the centre speaker level of your audio system manually to your preference.