Samba Interactive TV is a feature which was added with the Android 7.0 (Nougat) TV update, offering tailor-made ads, notifications and behind the scenes info about your favourite shows and actors on your tablet*. In conjunction with apps like Spotlight TV (available in the App Store*), Samba TV synchronises the experience you have on your tablet with what you're watching on TV, to suggest new appealing content.
You can turn on the Samba TV service by following the instructions in the pop-up or alternatively you can find Samba TV in the [Settings] menu under the [System Preference] section.
To connect the Spotlight app to your TV:
- Connect to http://samba.tv/getapps from your tablet (*) browser and download the Spotlight app
- Ensure that your tablet is on the same network as your TV
- Launch the app on your tablet and go to Settings, then hit Connect Your TV
- Enter the short code that is shown on your TV into the Spotlight app
- (*) To date, the Spotlight app is only available for iPad devices
- Samba TV is a completely free, opt-in service; you must agree/turn on the feature before it is enabled