What do you need to set up your Sky Q UHD box with Sony's 4k TV?
You'll need the following equipment:
- Sky Q 2TB box
- Sony 4K TV with HDCP2.2 support on at least one HDMI input
- HDMI 2.0 cable provided by Sky
If you have all of the equipment mentioned above, please use the following steps:
- Connect your Sky Q box with the supplied HDMI 2.0 cable to your TV's HDMI input that has HDCP2.2 support.
- If you have a Sony Android TV, please enable the " HDMI Enhanced format
- On Sky Q box, go to: [Settings] > [Setup] > [Audio visual] > and choose [2160p UHD].
- If your TV supports UHD 10-bit*, proceed with step 5 to step 6; if your TV does not support UHD 10-bit, skip to step 7.
- If your TV supports UHD 10-bit, choose [Confirm] to watch content in UHD 2160p 10-bit.
- You're now watching UHD 2160p, 10-bit content.
- If your TV does not support UHD 10-bit, select [Cancel]
- Click [Continue] to try UHD in 8-bit colour
- Click [Confirm]
- You're now watching in UHD 2160p 8-bit
*These TVs support 10 bit, 50/60p:
- Sony's 4K Android TV (all 2017 models): HDMI2 and HDMI3
- Sony's 4K Android TV (2016 models) XD75, XD70, XD83, XD80, SD80 and ZD9 Series: HDMI2 and HDMI3
- Sony's 4K Android TV (2016 models) SD85, XD85, XD93 and XD94 Series: All ports are supported
- Sony's 4K Android TV (2015 models) X80C, S80C, X83C, X85C, S85C, X90C, X91C, X93C and X94C: All ports are supported. Please ensure your TV has the latest firmware update
- Non-Android Bravia TVs (2014 models) X95B, X90B, X85B and S90B: Unfortunately, these models are not supported
- Non-Android Bravia TVs (2013 models) X9500A: Unfortunately, these models are not supported