What's the Restricted Profile?
The Restricted Profile function prevents access to certain apps or services when enabled.
How do I set up a Restricted Profile?
Please use the following instructions:
- [Personal - Security & restrictions] > [Restricted profile] > [Settings]
- Set up a new 4-digit PIN & Re-enter your PIN to confirm
- Choose [Allowed apps]
- Select your chosen app > [Allowed / Not allowed]
Accessing your Restricted Profile
To start using your Restricted Profile on Sony's Android TV, please use the following steps:
- [HOME] > [Restricted profile] icon in the settings menu
- [Enter Restricted profile].
- A new message "Switching to Restricted Profile" will appear on-screen before the function is activated.
To exit your Restricted Profile, enter the category, select [Exit Restricted profile] and enter your 4-digit PIN.
A message "Switching owner" will appear on-screen to confirm the function has been deactivated.
Changing the PIN in your Restricted Profile
You can also change your PIN using the following settings:
- [HOME] > [Settings]*
- [Personal - Security & restriction] > [Restricted profile] > [Settings]
- [Change PIN]
- Enter your old 4-digit PIN
- Choose a new PIN > Re-enter your new PIN to confirm.
Deleting your Restricted Profile
Finally, you can delete your Restricted Profile by selecting:
- [HOME] > [Settings] > [Personal - Security & restriction]*
- [Restricted profile] > [Delete restricted profile]
- Enter your 4-digit PIN
*NOTE: For Android Oreo (OSV-O), the settings icon is located in the top right-hand corner.