When playing video and audio on the TV using wireless network, the video and audio quality is worse when other wireless device are used simultaneously.
A wireless connection using the BRAVIA room link feature, the Screen Mirroring function or the Wi-Fi Direct feature may worsen the sound or picture quality on the TV when using other wireless devices. The following are household devices that may cause interference:
- Cordless phones
Follow these steps to improve video and audio quality.
NOTE: Each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the quality of the sound and picture after completing each step.
- Place the wireless device away from the TV and the wireless access point. NOTE: A wireless access point is usually a Wi-Fi router or modem.
- If possible, set the wireless access point to 5Ghz. NOTE: If the wireless access point does not support 5Ghz, move to step 4.
- From the Settings menu of the TV, perform a Network Set-up.
- Turn off or disconnect the other wireless devices.
- The TV supports a 5Ghz connection as an access point.
- A 2.4Ghz should be used for Wi-Fi direct and Screen Mirroring.