The port replicator (model name: PTR-BR100) is designed to make setting up the TV easier by reducing the amount of visible wires and minimizing the need to pull the TV away from the wall, or your entertainment center, when adding or removing devices.
Follow the steps below to connect the port replicator:
- Turn off the TV.
- Connect the output cable from the port replicator to the following connections on the back of the TV.
- HDMI 1
- HDMI 2
- HDMI 3
- USB 2
The image below shows is an example of the connections on the back of TV:
- Only the USB 2 input supports recording from an external hard disk drive (HDD Recorder).
- All of the connections from the output cables should be used during the initial set up, in order to avoid having to go behind the TV again in the future.
- Make sure all of the connections are properly entered and secure.
- Connect any of the desired source devices to the inputs on the port replicator.
NOTE: A source device is a device that provides an audio or video signal to the TV. Common source devices are cable boxes, satellite receivers, digital video recorders (DVRs) and Blu-ray Disc Players.
- Connect the AC adaptor to the port Replicator.
- Turn on the TV and begin normal operation.
- The port replicator does not support Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) functions. If connecting an MHL device, use the HDMI 2 (MHL) input on the back of the TV in order to have access to all MHL capabilities.
- If using mobile devices with 2K resolution, connect the MHL cable directly to the HDMI 4 (MHL) port of the television.
- If using mobile devices with 4K resolution, connect the MHL cable directly to the HDMI 2 (MHL) port of the television.
- 4K resolution requires a 4K compatible MHL 3.0 Cable. We recommend to use the Sony MHL 3.0 cable (product number DLCMC30.SYH) for best results.
Inputs on the rear (right) of the TV