Questions & Answers: 160
- How to set up the camera to be remotely controlled with a smartphoneThe Imaging Edge Mobile (replaces PlayMemories Mobile™) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your smartphone to download and install it. Remote control setup
- I cannot send videos to my smartphone through the Imaging Edge Mobile applicationIf you cannot send videos to your smartphone using the Send to Smartphone function of the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app, check the file format of the video you are attempting to send.
- The Action Cam does not turn onCheck to see if the battery pack can be charged without any problem, and if the camera turns on. Attach the battery and turn off the power of the camera. NOTE: Charging is not possible when the camera is turned
- Will resetting the unit back to the factory default erase recorded images and videos?When RESET is executed, the recorded movies and pictures are not deleted. However, the unit's settings are restored to the factory defaults.
- No picture or sound when playing camera or camcorder content on a TV via HDMI connectionMake sure your TV is set to the proper HDMI input to receive the signal from the camcorder. Most TV remotes have an Input button that cycles from one input to the next. Press the Input button repeatedly until the
- I cannot make a Wi-Fi connection between the camera and smartphoneCheck the following steps. NOTE: You need the dedicated Imaging Edge Mobile application (PlayMemories Mobile™ app successor) to connect your camera and mobile device (Android smartphone/tablet or iPhone/iPad) through
- Can the battery be charged while it is connected to a computer using the USB cable?Yes, the battery can be charged while the camera is connected to the computer with the supplied USB cable. Make sure the computer is turned on and operating while the camera or camcorder is connected. The camera
- There is no battery charger in the box; it appears to be missing. Is one supplied?The camcorder is not supplied with a battery charger. The battery can be charged by connecting the camcorder to a computer with the supplied USB cable. NOTE: Make sure the computer is turned on to charge the battery
- Images recorded underwater appear distortedSince the waterproof case is equipped with a spherical porthole, which is used to reduce the size of the case and fit camera lens, images of straight objects recorded underwater may look distorted or appear less
- Where do I find product manuals, specifications, firmware/software updates or drivers on Sony's support website?Learn how to use Sony's support website to find your product page, manuals, firmware/software updates or drivers, as well as product specifications. The best way to find information about your product is to first