What is DVB-T2/HEVC?
DVB-T2 is an abbreviation for Digital Video Broadcasting — Second Generation Terrestrial. Due to changes in the broadcasting networks, terrestrial digital television signals will eventually switch to different video codecs.
Below is a list detailing the TV models compatible with a DVB-T2 tuner and H.265/HEVC video codecs.
What are the compatible DVB-T2 Tuner Sony TVs?
All Sony TVs from 2017 line-up and later are compatible except for the models in the note below the table.
If you have a compatible TV but are unable to receive a signal, please re-tune your TV.
- How do I tune or retune my Sony's Android TV (Analogue/Cable/Terrestrial Guide)?
- How do I tune or retune my Sony LCD TV (Analogue/Cable/Terrestrial Guide)?
|2014 – All 4K UHD desktop models (with current software version) 1||2015 – all models with Android operating system (with software update) 2||2016 – all models **||2017 – all models ***||2018 – all models ****||2019 – all models *****||2020 – all models||2021 – all models|
- 1 Software version 3.004 (or higher), released on 21st March 2017.
- 2 Software version 5.381 (or higher), released on 9th March 2018.
- As the reference guide says, any functions related to Digital TV will only work in countries or areas where DVB-T/DVB-T2 digital terrestrial signals are broadcast or where you have access to a compatible service.
- (**) - (***) - (****) The list above (with asterisks) does not include all the UK models. Models purchased outside of Europe may not be DVB-T2 compatible.
- Some TVs are capable of tuning DVB-T2 network, but only the models in the list above will decode H.265/HEVC video codecs used in the transmissions