This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Add the AI-based Real-time Tracking AF, and if the Touch Function is set to Tracking AF, you can use Real-time Tracking to track the subject even during manual focus
- Add the Breathing Compensation for a consistent angle of view when focusing
- Add the 16-bit RAW output via HDMI
- Add the bokeh adjustment mode for easy adjustment while minimizing exposure changes
- Add new features that support High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) dual production for SR Live
- SDR Emulated Preview Display on EVF
- SDR Gain Metadata Recording
- Add the Picture Cache Recording function, which is also supported when shooting with S&Q Motion
- Displayed the 4-channel audio level meter on the on-screen display
- Add the other useful features
Previous Benefits and Improvements
- Adds the 100P and 120P options to the Slow & Quick Motion frame rate menu when the codec is set to RAW or RAW & XAVC-I
- Fixes an issue where the EI value is not reflected correctly during playback in Cine EI mode
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
- For Windows OS: 533 MB (558 976 368 bytes)
- For Mac OS: 559 MB (558 976 368 bytes)
This procedure describes how to update the ILME-FX6 system software. The version update data is first saved to an SDXC type SD card or CFexpress Type A memory card, then is updated using the MENU.
- The CFexpress Type A memory is referred to as a CFexpress card in this procedure.
- For details about MENU operation, refer to the Operating Instructions.
Checking the Existing Version
Select Version → Version Number in the Maintenance menu to display the version of the ILME-FX6.
Notes About Upgrading
- Always connect a supplied AC adaptor when updating. If a battery pack is attached at the same time, the update will continue if the AC adaptor is subsequently disconnected.
- Disconnect connected devices (such as USB devices, SDI, HDMI, microphone, shoe accessories) and eject any media that is not used in updating.
- When using an SD card, make sure it is an SDXC or CFexpress memory card. For details about supported SDXC cards or CFexpress cards, refer to the Operating Instructions.
- Use an SDXC or CFexpress card that has been formatted in the memory card slot using the formatting function of the unit. For details about the formatting function, refer to the Operating Instructions.
Saving Version Update Data to an SDXC card or CFexpress card
- Insert the formatted SDXC or CFexpress card into a computer.
- Save the data in the root directory of the SDXC card or CFexpress card.
Updating the System Software Version
- Do not remove the SDXC or CFexpress card
- Do not turn the unit off
For details about the operation of the unit, refer to the Operating Instructions.
- Insert the SDXC or CFexpress card on which the version update data was saved, into slot B of the unit. Note: Only slot B recognizes the version update data.
- Select Version → Version Up in the Maintenance menu, and select Execute. Note: A Please use the AC Adapter message appears. If the version update data cannot be determined, Version Up cannot be selected.
- Select Execute on the version update confirmation screen. Note: A Version Update VX.XX → VY.YY message appears (X.XX: existing version number, Y.YY: latest version number).
- Select Execute on the version update confirmation screen again. The version update starts. When the version update starts, the access indicator flashes. The process takes approximately 10 minutes (the time will vary depending on the combination of the old and new update versions). When the version update is completed successfully, the access indicator stops flashing and the unit restarts automatically. Note: If a black screen is displayed for 15 minutes or longer, set the unit power switch to the OFF position, unplug and then re-insert the power cord, and set the power switch to the ON position. Check the version update procedure, and then perform the update procedure again from step 1. If the version update problem persists and the update is not successful, there may be a problem with the unit. Contact a Sony service representative.
- Check that the version has been updated (see Checking the Existing Version). If the system software has not been updated to the latest version, check the version update procedure, and then perform the update procedure again from step 1.
ILME-FX6 Update Guide (SD card/CFexpress card)
Add the AI-based Real-time Tracking AF, and if the Touch Function is set to Tracking AF, you can use Real-time Tracking to track the subject even during manual focus