Questions & Answers: 175
- How to set up the camera to be remotely controlled with a smartphoneThe Imaging Edge Mobile (replaces PlayMemories Mobile™) app must be installed on your smartphone. Visit the Google Play™ store or Apple® store on your smartphone to download and install it. Remote control setup
- Even when the HDMI cable is firmly inserted into the camera, it still feels loose at the connector.A floating structure is used to distribute the load on the connector when the cable is inserted or removed. Although it may feel loose, this is not a malfunction. NOTE: This video demonstrates the connector inserted
- I cannot send videos to my smartphone through the Imaging Edge Mobile applicationIf you cannot send videos to your smartphone using the Send to Smartphone function of the Imaging Edge Mobile (PlayMemories Mobile successor) app, check the file format of the video you are attempting to send.
- What is Remote Camera Control and where can I get it?The Remote Camera Control application allows you to operate a camera from the computer using a USB connection. By operating Remote Camera Control installed in your computer, you can change the shooting settings
- The image sensor is tilted when the camera is turned offWhen the camera is switched off, the image sensor automatically moves to a position that puts the smallest load on it. Unlike previous models, the image sensor tilts horizontally when the camera is turned off to
- Where do I find product manuals, specifications, firmware/software updates or drivers on Sony's support website?Learn how to use Sony's support website to find your product page, manuals, firmware/software updates or drivers, as well as product specifications. The best way to find information about your product is to first
- How to reset a camcorder back to its original factory settingsSony camcorders have a built-in rechargeable battery for retaining time, date, and other settings. Since the built-in rechargeable battery is not removable, current camcorder models can only be returned to the original
- Will resetting the unit back to the factory default erase recorded images and videos?When RESET is executed, the recorded movies and pictures are not deleted. However, the unit's settings are restored to the factory defaults.
- How to resolve if the image or sound is not played back when connecting to an AV device such as a TV with the HDMI cable?In this case, please disconnect the HDMI cable and connect it again, or turn off and on the power of the camcorder. If the problem persists, it may be related to the settings of the connected AV device. For details
- How to troubleshoot a camera or camcorder remote control that is not working.Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the camera or camcorder remote control is not working. IMPORTANT: Some camcorders do not have remote control capability. For model-specific information regarding whether your