This information is for the following models:
About this download
Sony UDA driver is a program to improve the driver performance when some driver or software is running on the pc.
Note: when you want to update the driver software, the old version of the driver software should be uninstalled before installing the new driver software.
How to uninstall the driver software?
- Click Start→Setting→Control panel→Add, remove of program
- Select SONY USB DAC Amplifier and press Remove or uninstall
- Please proceed setup file for uninstallation
This driver iscompatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows. Macintosh computers do not need any driver.
- Windows Vista (SP2, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 7 (SP1, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit/64 bit)
- USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
How to download the UDA-1 driver:
- If you are using a Windows Operating Systems: make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights. If you are Windows 7 or Windows Vista user a message, "Windows needs your permission to continue" appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click Download
- The download of the SONY_USB_DAC_Amp_Driver_V1.2.zip (24.245 KB) file will start
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer.
If you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, the update file may be saved automatically in the Downloads folder. Click the Desktop tile from the Start screen and find the download file in the Downloads folder by using Explorer
- Make sure you are logged on to your computer as an administrator
- Connect the UDA-1 to your computer using the supplied USB cable and turn it on. If the Windows driver installation software starts, please cancel
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding
- Go to the desktop of your computer and unzip the SONY_USB_DAC_Amp_Driver_V1.2.zip
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to begin the installation
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of USB dac driver. Restart the computer when prompted
- Confirm that the installation is successful: go to control panel, and open the device manager. Confirm that "Sony USB dac Amplifier" is correctly listed under the "Sound, Video and game controllers"
- When the installation is completed, open the "Sound" configuration window from the control panel and ensure the "Sony USB Dac Amplifier" is set as default sound device
Click to enlarge
- Open the properties of the Sony USB DAC amplifier and open the "Levels" tab and set the volume to 100
Click to enlarge
- Installation is now complete