This information is for the following models:
About this download
Sony UDA driver is a program to improve the driver performance when some driver or software is running on the pc.
Note: when you want to update the driver software, the old version of the driver software should be uninstalled before installing the new driver software.
How to uninstall the driver software?
- ClickStart→Setting→Control panel→Add, remove of program
- SelectSONY USB DAC Amplifierand pressRemoveoruninstall
- Please proceed setup file for uninstallation
This driver iscompatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows. Macintosh computers do not need any driver.
- Windows Vista (SP2, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 7 (SP1, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit/64 bit)
- USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
How to download the UDA-1 driver:
- If you are using a Windows Operating Systems: make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights. If you are Windows 7 or Windows Vista user a message, "Windows needs your permission to continue" appears in the User Account Control dialog box. ClickContinueto proceed, and follow the announcements
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, clickDownload
- The download of the SONY_USB_DAC_Amp_Driver_V1.2.zip (24.245 KB) file will start
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer.
If you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, the update file may be saved automatically in the Downloads folder. Click theDesktoptile from the Start screen and find the download file in theDownloadsfolder by using Explorer
- Make sure you are logged on to your computer as an administrator
- Connect the UDA-1 to your computer using the supplied USB cable and turn it on. If the Windows driver installation software starts, pleasecancel
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding
- Go to the desktop of your computer and unzip the SONY_USB_DAC_Amp_Driver_V1.2.zip
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to begin the installation
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation of USB dac driver. Restart the computer when prompted
- Confirm that the installation is successful: go to control panel, and open the device manager. Confirm that "Sony USB dac Amplifier" is correctly listed under the "Sound, Video and game controllers"
- When the installation is completed, open the "Sound" configuration window from the control panel and ensure the "Sony USB Dac Amplifier" is set as default sound device
Click to enlarge
- Open the properties of the Sony USB DAC amplifier and open the "Levels" tab and set the volume to 100
Click to enlarge
- Installation is now complete