About this download
- Name:Driver for Headphone Amplifier version 1.0.0
- Release date:12/10/2016
- Do I need to download it?The download is essential if you wish to connect your Headphone Amplifier to your Windows PC
- Benefits and improvements:You will be able to use your Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier with your Windows PC
The driver for the Headphone Amplifier iscompatible with most commonly used versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Windows 10 Home/Pro (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 or later, 32 bit/64 bit)
- Windows Vista 32bit (Service Pack 2 or later, 32 bit/64 bit)
Please make sure you have installed the latest Windows updates for your system. Note that this software is not guaranteed to work for all computers, even if they meet the above system requirements
All operating systems need to be factory preinstalled. We can’t guarantee that the driver will work on operating systems that have been upgraded, personally constructed or exist as one of many systems (that’s to say, in multi-boot environments).
- Available USB port (USB 2.0 compliant)
Before you install the driver for the Portable Hi-Res DAC/Headphone Amplifier you need to download the driver file itself. This will include everything you need to install the driver.
Make sure you are logged on as a Computer Administrator in order to download the driver file. You will need to consult the manual of your Windows PC to learn how to log on as an Administrator.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet
- Begin the download process by clicking the link below
- Read the Software Download License Agreement and, if you agree, clickAccept Agreement
- When prompted by a File Save dialog box, please select the folder on your hard disk where you wish the driver to download to
- The following file will be downloaded into the selected folder:[Sony_Headphone_Amplifier_Driver_V1.0.0.zip] (File size: 58.1 MB (61,017,769 bytes))
Note:Do not make the system go into suspend, sleep or hibernation mode during the download.
Once the file has downloaded, you’re ready to install the driver for the Headphone Amplifier.
To install the software, simply follow the instructions listed below for your operating system.
During the installation of this file, make sure that you are logged in as Administrator. You will need to consult the manual of your Windows PC to learn how to log on as an Administrator.
- Do not connect the Headphone Amplifier before installing the driver
- Save all work and close all other programs
- Extract compressed file and execute“Sony_Headphone_Amplifier_Driver_Setup.exe”in the folder
- Follow the instructions from the Setup Wizard to install the driver. If the User Account Control screen appears, click [Yes] or [Continue].
- The Headphone Amplifier will be recognised following installation
After the installation of the Windows Driver
- Connect the unit to the PC using a USB cable. Use the USB port (type B) on the back panel of the Headphone Amplifier
- Turn on the Headphone Amplifier
- Select the “PC (USB-B)” function by pushing the INPUT button on the unit or using the remote control
- If the installation was completed successfully, “TA-ZH1ES” is added to “Sound, video and game controllers" in the Device manager.
Troubleshooting: No sound is output when using the rear USB port
Please verify the following items if you cannot hear sound from the PC.
- Verifications on the Headphone Amplifier
- Make sure that the power is on and that the volume is set properly
- Confirm that the Input selection is set to PC (USB-B)
- Verifications on the Windows PC
- Confirm that the driver was installed properly. If the driver installation was successful, “TA-ZH1ES” should appear in the Device Manager ([My Computer] → [Properties] → [Device Manager]). Make sure there are no associated warning signs. If “TA-ZH1ES” is not displayed, please uninstall and reinstall the driver.
- Some playback software allow the user to select a sound output device. If you're using such software, please confirm that “Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver” is selected as the output sound device.
- Make sure that “TA-ZH1ES” is selected as the Playback device for your computer ([Start]→[Control panel] →[Hardware and Sound]→[Sound]). Also confirm that Volume is high enough and not muted in the [Property] menu of “TA-ZH1ES”.