About this download
- Name:Firmware update Ver.2.00 for RM-LVR1 (Mac)
- Release date:27/02/2014
- Benefits and improvements:
- New clock settings added.
- Hold button functionality added.
- Camera settings added. *1
- Zoom function added.
- Automatic exposure setting added. *2
- Automatic camera date setting added. *2
- Memory card warning indicator added.
- Multi camera control function added. *3
*1: Only available with compatible cameras (including HDR-AS15, HDR-AS30V and HDR-AS100V).
*2: Only available with compatible cameras (including DSC-QX10 and DSC-QX100).
*3: Only available with compatible cameras (including HDR-AS100V).
View the Operating Guide to know how to use the new functions.
The latest version of the firmware update iscompatible with the following Macintosh versions:
- Mac OS X v.10.5 ~ 10.10
The latest version of the firmware update iscompatible with the following hardware:
- CPU: Intel processor*
*Core Solo and Duo processors are no longer supported.
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note:Please close all other application software before updating the firmware.
- Power source for the remote.
Note:The update can be performed only when the remaining battery level is (three marks) or more. We recommend that you use a fully charged battery.
- USB cable supplied with the remote.
Note:Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- When performing the firmware update, please use a fully charged battery.
How to download the firmware updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on theDownloadbutton.
- The download of the [Update_RMLVR1V200.dmg] file will start.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
Step 1: Start up the Firmware Updater
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [Update_RMLVR1V200.dmg] file you downloaded. Do not connect the remote at this point.
- [Update_RMLVR1V200] is expanded.
- Double-click the [FirmwareUpdater] icon.
- To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account.
- Firmware Updater starts up.
- Connect the remoteto the computer with the supplied USB cable.
Note:USB Modeappears on the LCD monitor.
- After confirming the above, clickNexton the Firmware Updater window.Figure 1appears on the Firmware Updater window, andFigure 2appears on the LCD screen.Note: From now on, never turn off the remote until the firmware update is completed.
Figure 1 Figure 2
- After confirming the screens onFigures 1 and 2, clickNext. The current version and the version after the update appear on the lower left part of the screen.(Figure 3)
- After confirming [Current version] is lower than [2.00], clickNext.
If [Current version] is [Ver.2.00], the update is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and clickFinish
- The screen onFigure 4appears.
- Press the [REC/ENTER] button to execute the reset of the remote.
Note: The screen turns off when the center of the [Multi-selector] is pressed. Please proceed to the next step.
- ClickNexton the Firmware Updater window(Figure 4).
- After resetting, reconnection of the remote is verified, and the screen onFigure 5appears.
- ClickRunto start the update. The progress bar appears while updating(approximately 10 minutes).
Note:Never turn off the remote nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the update is completed, the screen onFigure 6appears. ClickFinishand disconnect the USB cable.
- Turn off the remote and turn it on again.
Step 2: Confirm the firmware version of your remoteis Ver.2.00.
- Press the MENU button to select [Main Settings] and then press the [REC/ENTER] button
- Select [Version] then press the [REC/ENTER] button. Display will show the current version of system software. If "2.00" appear (as shown below) then the firmware version is Ver. 2.00.