About this download
For owners of Walkman E series, we offer "NWZ-E435F/E436F/E438F firmware update program" download service.
We provide the firmware update to the latest version 1.02 for the firmware of NWZ-E435F/E436F/E438F. Please read carefully the following instructions.
The followings are the target products of this service, whose firmware version should be less than or equal to 1.01.
With the above products, customers may experience the following symptoms. The symptoms will be fixed with this firmware update.
- Title and album information attached files are not displayed correctly on the unit.
- The unit turns off in a specific point, when playing MP4 files in Video Library.
- The beginning of the video are skipped in a few seconds, when WMV files are played in Video Library.
- Sometimes audio to video synchronization may not occur, when playing back movies.
How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version
Please confirm the Model and the Firmware version from the steps below.
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button until the Home menu appears.
- Press button to select (Settings), and then press button.
- Press button to selectCommon Settings, and then press button.
- Press button to selectUnit Information, and then press button.
Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environment
- Windows Vista® Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® Business (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows® XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
(The 64 bit version OS is not supported.)
CPU: Pentium 4 1.0GHz or higher
Memory: 512MB or more
Display: 800 x 600 dots or better (1024 x 768 dots or better is recommended)
Display Color: High Color (16bit) or higher
When downloading the program and updating the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
If you are Windows Vista® user, "Windows® needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. ClickContinueto proceed, and follow the announcements.
Please follow the steps below to download the program.
- Set up a folder named as "FWUP" in C drive of the computer for storing the downloaded file on the hard drive.
- Download the following file to the folder set in Step1.
NWZ-E430F_V1_02.exe (6,700 KB)
- After the download is completed, selectViews-Detailsin the Explorer to check the selected file size. If the size is not the same as the file size showing as shown above, try downloading the file again.
After reading this instructions, click theDownloadappeared at the end. Then, the file download will be started. Follow the displayed dialog boxes to download the file.
Once the download is finished, follow the steps below to upgrade the program.
When upgrading, the unit is needed to have a free space about 20MB.
Also, please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when updating as they are remained on the unit. We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
- Quit all software running on Windows®, and complete any other works besides the update.
Note:If some other Digital Music Players are connected to the computer, disconnect all of them from the computer.
- Connect the unit to the PC.
Note:If using a notebook PC, keep an AC adapter connected to the PC to ensure the PC battery stays charged.
- Windows Vista® users: ClickStartbutton on the task bar of the computer, and click on "Run..." followed byAll Programs-Accessory.
Windows® XP users: ClickStartbutton on the task bar of the computer and click on "Run..."
The "Run..." dialog box will be opened.
- Input "C:\FWUP\NWZ-E430F_V1_02.exe" in the "Open" text box and clickOK.
The program will be started.
- Confirm the Current Firmware Version/Upgrade Firmware Version.
- During displaying "Ready", clickStart.
Note:Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during updating.
- When the message of completing updating is displayed, clickClosebutton.
Errors during upgrading
- In Step 5, if the current firmware version is showed as "0.00", close all the software installed in the computer (including the Startup programs), and try updating the firmware again.
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully with followingHow to confirm the Model and the Firmware versionsteps.
The update program installation is succeeded when "1.02" is shown on the screen.
- 6.54 Mb