About this download
For owners of Walkman B series, we offer "NWZ-B133/NWZ-B135/NWZ-B133F/NWZ-B135F firmware update program" download service.
We provide the firmware update to the latest version 1.01 for the firmware of NWZ-B133/NWZ-B135/NWZ-B133F/B135F. Please read carefully the following instructions.
The followings are the target products of this service, whose firmware version should be equal to 1.00.
With the above products, customers may experience the following symptoms. These symptoms will be fixed with this firmware update.
- Time skip for about a few seconds may occur in playing back the recorded sound files or FM radio programs.
- The units may not work correctly when using with the Sony car audios connected via USB.
How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version
Please follow the steps below to confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button until the Home menu appears.
- Press / button to select (Settings), and then press button.
- Press / button to select Information, and then press button to confirm.
Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environments
- Windows Vista® Ultimate (Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista® Business (Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista® Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
- Windows Vista® Home Basic (Service Pack 1)
- Windows® XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
(The 64 bit version OS is not supported.)
CPU: Pentium lll 300MHz or higher (Pentium lll 800MHz or higher for Windows Vista users)
Memory:64MB or more (512MB or more for Windows Vista users)
Display: 800 x 600 dots or better (1024 x 768 dots or better is recommended)
Display Color: High Color (16bit) or higher
- When downloading the program and updating the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
If you are a Windows Vista user, the "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements.
Please follow the steps below to download the program.
- Set up a folder named "FWUP" in the C drive of your computer for storing the downloaded file on the hard drive.
- Download the following file to the folder set in Step 1.
NWZ-B130_V1_01.exe (3,159 KB)
- After the download is completed, select Views-Details in the Explorer to check the selected file size. If the size is not the same as the file size showing above, try to download the file again.
After reading these instructions, click the Download button at the bottom of the page. It will display a dialog box and begin the download. Follow the instructions in the dialog box that appears on the screen.
Once the download is finished, follow the steps below to update the program.
Please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when updating as they remained on the unit. We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
Start the update
- Quit all software running on Windows, and complete any other works besides the update.
Note: If some other Digital Music Players are connected to the computer, disconnect all of them from the computer.
- Connect the unit to the PC.
Note: If using a notebook PC, keep an AC adapter connected to the PC to ensure the PC battery stays charged.
- Windows Vista users: Click the Start button on the task bar of the computer, and click on Run... followed by All Programs-Accessory.
Windows XP users: Click the Start button on the task bar of the computer and click on Run... The "Run..." dialog box will be opened.
- Input "C:\FWUP\NWZ-B130_V1_01.exe" in the "Open" text box and click OK.
The program will be started.
- Confirm the Current Firmware Version/Upgrade Firmware Version.
- During displaying "Ready", click Start.
Note: Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during updating.
- When the message of completing updating is displayed, click the Close button.
Errors during update
In Step 5, if the current firmware version is showed as "0.00", close all the software installed on the computer (including the resident programs), and try updating the firmware again.
After the Update
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully with the "How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version" steps on the top of the page.
The update program installation has succeeded when "1.01" is shown on the screen.
- 3.08 Mb