About this download
In order to resolve this issue, a firmware update is provided.
A new Clock function is also added to this update (Clock 2). See the picture below:
Click the + button to read theDownload and the Installationprocedure.
Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page and click theDownloadbutton to download the program.
- Press and hold theSEARCH MENU buttonuntil the MENU is displayed.
- Browse toAdvanced Menuand press to confirm
- Browse toInformation, then press
- If firmware version is2.0, YOU DO NOT NEED TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OF YOURNW-E403/NW-E405/NW-E407/Network WALKMAN. Select NO and EXIT.
- PressSEARCH MENUto go back and exit.
- If firmware version is 1.0:
- Create the following folder on the C:\ drive of your computer:: WMFWUPG
- Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the page and click
Downloadto download the program:
NW-E40X_V2_0C.exe - 2239 Kb (depending on the model you have).
- Follow the instructions and save the program toC:\WMFWUPG
- Check that the downloaded file is 2239 Kb. If not, delete the file and repeat step b.
Before going further you need to back up all the data contained in yourNW-E403/NW-E405/NW-E407/Network WALKMAN to your computer and free up at least 3MB memory on your Network WALKMAN.
To back up the data, read the information below.
- Close all the programs running on your computer. (If the optionRun SonicStage automatically when an ATRAC Audio Device is connected is activated, de-activate it in SonicStage.)
- On your computer, go to theC:\ WMFWUPGfolder and double-clickNW-E40X_V2_0C.exedepending on the model you have.
- ClickUnzipto decompress all the files in the C:\ WMFWUPG folder
- ClickCloseto exit and connect the Network WALKMAN to upgrade.
- Open the folder contained in the C:\ WMFWUPG folder and double-click FWUpdater.exe and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable even if USB Connect is not displayed on your Network WALKMAN or if your computer displays that no USB device is connected.
- ClickFinishwhen the update is completed
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Network WALKMAN and confirm the firmware version by repeating step 1. The version should be 2.0
- The firmware update is completed.
Please accept the Disclaimer below to start the download
- 2.19 Mb