About this download
For owners of Walkman, we offer "NWD-B103/NWD-B105 firmware update program" download service.
We provide the firmware update to the latest version 1.3 for the firmware of NWD-B103/NWD-B105. Please read carefully the following instructions.
This firmware update resolves the following issue:
- The time of December 31st in the leap years is not displayed correctly, or cannot be set correctly.
The followings are the target products of this service, whose firmware version should be less than or equal to 1.2.
How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version
Please follow the steps below to confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
- Press and hold the BACK/HOME button until the Home menu appears.
- Press / button to select (Settings), and then press button.
- Press / button to select Information, and then press button to confirm.
Confirm the Model and the Firmware version.
Target PC environments
- Windows Vista® Ultimate
- Windows Vista® Business
- Windows Vista® Home Premium
- Windows Vista® Home Basic
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004 (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® XP Media Center Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows® 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4 or later)
(The 64 bit version OS is not supported.)
CPU: Pentium lll 450MHz or higher (Pentium lll 800MHz or higher for Windows Vista users)
Memory: 128MB or more (512MB or more for Windows Vista users)
Display: 800 x 600 dots or better (1024 x 768 dots or better is recommended)
Display Color: High Color (16bit) or higher
- For Windows Vista/Windows XP users
When downloading the program and updating the firmware, log on to the computer with the administrator name or with any name which belongs to the administrator.
If you are a Windows Vista user, the "Windows needs your permission to continue" message appears in the User Account Control dialog box. Click Continue to proceed, and follow the announcements.
- For Windows 2000 users
Log on with the Administrator user name, or with the Administrator group account when downloading the program and updating the firmware.
Note: Service Pack 4 or later is supported in Windows® 2000 Professional.
Please follow the steps below to download the program.
- Set up a folder named "FWUP" in the C drive of your computer for storing the downloaded file on the hard drive.
- Download the following file which is suitable for your model in the folder selected in Step 1.
File size:3,426 KB
- After the download is completed, select Views-Details in the Explorer to check the selected file size. If the size is not the same as the file size showing above, try to download the file again.
Click Download below to download the update program after reading the instructions. It will display a dialog box and begin the download. Follow the instructions in the dialog box that appears on the screen.
Once the download is finished, follow the steps below to update the program.
Please transfer all tracks and data from the unit to the computer in advance, since the tracks and data may be lost when updating as they remained on the unit. We cannot guarantee in case the tracks and the data are damaged or deleted by this update.
Before the update
- Connect the unit to the PC.
- Set up a folder on your hard drive, and store all of the tracks and data from the player into the folder.
Start the update
- Quit all software running on Windows, and disconnect the player from the computer.
Note: If some other Digital Music Players are connected to the computer, disconnect all of them from the computer.
- Windows Vista users: Click the Start button on the task bar of the computer, and click on Run... followed by All Programs-Accessory.
Windows XP/Windows 2000 users: Click the Start button on the task bar of the computer and click on Run...
The Run... dialog box will be opened.
- Input "C:\FWUP\NWD-B100_V1_3.exe" in the "Open" text box and click OK.
The program will be started.
- Connect the player to the computer.
- Confirm the Current Firmware Version/Upgrade Firmware Version.
Note: If you check "Format Data Area" in Download options, the player is formatted, and all tracks and data are deleted during the update. Make sure to store the necessary files on your computer.
- Click Start.
Note: Please do not disconnect the unit from the computer during updating.
- When the message that the update has been completed appears, click the Close button.
- Transfer again all tracks and data you stored to your hard drive to the player.
After the Update
Please confirm the version when the update program is installed successfully with the "How to confirm the Model and the Firmware version" steps at the top of the page .
The update program installation is succeeded when "1.3" is shown on the screen.
If the version is incorrect, or you fail to update, check Format Data Area in "Download options" explained in Step 5 of Start the Update and try to update again.
Note:If you check Format Data Area in "Download options", the player is formatted, and all of tracks and data are deleted during the update. Make sure to store the necessary files on your computer before updating.