- for FDR-AX53
About this download
- Name: System software update Ver.1.02 for FDR-AX53 (Mac)
- Release date: 06/09/2016
- Benefits and improvements
- Improves the stability of image in pan/tilt operation when using a tripod
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following Mac versions:
- Mac OS X v.10.9 ~ 10.11
The latest version of the system software update is compatible with the following hardware:
- Hard disk space: 300MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
Note: Please close all other application software before updating the system software.
- Power source for the camera
Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FV70 or the AC Adaptor
- USB cable supplied with the camera
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- When performing the system software update, please use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-FV70 or the AC Adaptor.
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- The system software update takes approximately 20 minutes, therefore prevent your computer from going into sleeping mode. In case the computer would go into sleeping mode and the update would be interrupted, redo the complete update process from the start.
How to download the System Software Updater:
- Make sure that you are logged on as a user with administrative rights.
- At the bottom of the page, read the disclaimer and agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the checkbox. Then, click on the Download button.
- The download of the [Update_FDR-AX53V102.dmg] file will start.
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
Step 1: Start up the System Software Updater
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [Update_FDR-AX53V102.dmg] file you downloaded. Do not connect the camera at this point.
- [Update_FDR-AX53V102] is expanded.
- Double-click the [SystemSoftwareUpdater] icon.
- To load a kernel extension, the message prompts you to allow the application to make changes. Type the password for the administrative account.
- System Software Updater starts up.
- Turn on the camera
According to the instruction on the System Software Updater window, select [Menu] - [Setup] - [Connection] - [USB Connect Setting] on the camera, and check if Mass Storage is selected.
If another mode than [Mass Storage] is selected, select [Mass Storage].
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand. Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
"USB Mode" appears on the LCD monitor of the camera.
- After confirming the LCD monitor of the camera, click [Next]. The current version and the version after the update appears on the lower left part of the screen.
- After confirming [Current version] is "Ver.1.01 or earlier", click [Next].
If [Current version] is [Ver.1.02], the upgrade is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and click [Finish]. Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack or the AC adaptor, and then turn on the camera again.
- The screen below appears.
- After automatically resetting, the screen below appears and the update starts. The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 20 minutes).
Note:Never turn off the camera nor disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the update is completed, the camera will automatically restart. Make sure the camera is turned on and wait until the LCD screen appears again. Click [Finish] when the LCD screen appears and disconnect the USB cable.
Step 2: Confirm the system software version of your camera is Ver.1.02.
- Select [Menu] - [Setup] - [General Settings] - [Version] on the camera. If Ver.1.02 appears then the system software version is Ver.1.02.