About this download
Thank you for your continued interest in Sony products.
Sony is offering a firmware update for Digital Still Camera “Cyber-Shot”DSC-HX20V.
- Date released:23/08/2012
- Applicable models:DSC-HX20V with the following serial numbers:
- 3500101 - 3514600
- 3517851 - 3533400
- 3536201 - 3566770
- 4450001 - 4543600
- 5248751 - 5251150
- 5254151 - 5276000
- 5280401 - 5285350
- 5287751 - 5296500
- 5298951 - 5321500
- Benefits and improvements:This update resolves the issue where on-screen directional display during shooting and directional data recorded in the data of the image is shifted by 90 degrees with respect to the correct direction.
- Computer hardware
- Hard disk space: 200MB or more
- RAM: 512MB or more
- Fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BG1 (supplied)
- Micro USB cable (supplied)
Note: Update functionality is not guaranteed with any other USB cable.
- Step 1: Download the firmware updater
- Step 2: Start up the Firmware Updater
- Step 3: Confirm the firmware version of your camera is Ver.1.01.
- While performing the firmware update, use a fully charged rechargeable battery pack NP-BG1.
- To turn off the “USB Power Supply”, select[MENU]-->[Settings]-->[Main Settings]-->[USB Power Supply]on the camera and set to[Off].
- Do not remove the battery during the update; otherwise, the camera may become inoperable due to the sudden power shutdown.
- Remove the memory card from the camera beforehand.
- After the update is finished, it will go back to the default settings. (However, the image data in internal memory will not be erased.)
- Download the updater file named as [Update_DSCHX20VV101.exe].
- Save the file to the desktop of your computer (recommended).
- Close all currently running programs on your computer.
- Double-click the [Update_DSCHX20VV101.exe] file you downloaded to start up the Firmware Updater.(Figure 1)
- According to the instruction on the Firmware Updater window, select[MENU]-->[Settings]-->[Main Settings]-->[USB Connect Setting]on the camera, and check if[Mass Storage]is selected.
If another mode than [Mass Storage] is selected, select [Mass Storage].(Figure 2)
- Before continuing of the following steps, remove the memory card from the camera if you have not done it yet.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
Note:USB Modeappears on the LCD monitor of the camera.
- Confirm that the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon is displayed on the task tray of the computer screen.
- After confirming the above, clickNexton the Firmware Updater window.Figure 3appears on the Firmware Updater window, andFigure 4appears on the LCD screen of the camera.
Note: From now on, Do not turn off the camera until the firmware update is completed.
- After confirming the screens onFigures 3 and 4,clickNext.The current version and the version after the update will appear on the lower left part of the screen.(Figure 5)
- After confirming[Current Version]is[Ver.1.00],clickNext .
Important:If the current version is[Ver.1.01],the update is not required. According to the message, stop the USB connection and clickFinish.Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera.
- Click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the task tray at the lower right corner of the computer screen to stop the USB connection, as instructed onFigure 6.
Note:Keep the USB cable connected even after stopping the USB connection on the computer with the above operation.
- Press the center of the[Control wheel]to execute the reset of the camera.
Note:The screen turns off when the center of the [Control wheel] is pressed. Proceed to the next step.(Figure 7)
- ClickNexton the Firmware Updater window( Figure 8 )
- After resetting, reconnection of the camera is verified, and the screen onFigure 9appears. Follow the instructions.
- ClickRunto start the update. The progress bar appears while updating (approximately 5 minutes).
Note:Do not turn off the camera or disconnect the USB cable while updating.
- When the update is completed, the screen onFigure 10appears. ClickFinishand disconnect the USB cable.
- Turn off the camera, remove the battery pack, reinsert the battery and turn on the camera.
- Do the initial setup (language, Date and Time, etc).
- Select[MENU]-->[Settings]-->[Main Settings]-->[Version]on the camera.
- The firmware version is displayed as illustrated below.
- 64.76 Mb