Applicable VAIO Models:
SVF11N1A4E; SVF11N1C5E; SVF11N1L2EB; SVF11N1L2EP; SVF11N1L2ES; SVF11N1L2RP; SVF11N1L2RS; SVF11N1M2ES; SVF11N1S2EB; SVF11N1S2ES; SVF11N1S2RS.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS UPDATE!
If you have an affected VAIO SVF11N1xx PC that has not been repaired for the overheating issue, we strongly recommend you to carefully read the "Free Repair Program for VAIO Fit 11A Personal Computer" announcement and take the necessary steps to repair your PC. BIOS update R0250DE, R0260DE and later versions will disable the battery charging function of the battery pack on the affected PCs. Note if the battery pack of your PC has been repaired, its battery charging function will not be affected after the installation of the BIOS update.
What does this update do?
- Improves security to prevent vulnerabilities
- Disables the battery charging function on computers with battery pack issues
Update Installation Instructions
- Ensure your VAIO PC is running from AC power (if the installation of the BIOS is interrupted by power loss, the PC may not operate correctly or at all!)
- Exit all running programs
- Download this update and save it to your hard drive
- When the download is completed, locate the downloaded file EP0000601397.exe in the location you specified
- Double-click EP0000601397.exe to run it
- Follow the on-screen instructions
- Your PC will automatically shut down when the installation is complete
- After the PC shuts down, wait for 60 seconds, then power on the PC
- 64 bit
- 4.83 Mb