This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Improves Wi-Fi connectivity
- Improves Teletext performance
- Resolves thumbnail issues while using the Photoshare app
- Resolves on-screen keyboard issues with the Internet browser app
Previous benefits and improvements
The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
- Resolves an issue where the TV cannot connect to the local Wi-Fi network within 30 secs after performing a power cycle
- Resolves an issue where playback stutters when playing ".wav" files via USB stick
- Resolves an issue where TV programmes positioned above 100 cannot be selected when two (or more) satellite signals are being received
- Resolves an issue where the YouTube interface language does not match the language selected on the TV
- Resolves lip syncing issues when watching terrestrial and cable TV
- Resolves Netflix playback issues after watching the All4 app
- Resolves an issue where YouTube keeps buffering when watching paid content
- Resolves an issue where DVB subtitles are not displayed when viewing terrestrial channels
- Solves an issue where the Wi-Fi connection does not work after the previous update
- Solves an issue where YouTube cannot play after viewing MHEG channels
- Adds the summer time operation / Daylight Saving Time setting (for Turkey and Azerbaijan)
- Improves the general performance of the TV
- Solves an issue where video content from HbbTV cannot play back a second time after pressing the RETURN button on the remote control
- Solves an issue where no event information is displayed in the EPG for satellite broadcasts
- Solves an issue where the TV reboots continuously when watching certain DVB-T2 channels
- Solves an issue where there would be no sound output from HDMI connections when using an external device with Dolby Digital 5.1 capability
- Solves an issue where Dolby Digital 5.1 sound would not be available on Netflix
- Solves an issue where the TV cannot find some DVB-T2 PLP1 services
- Improves display during Netflix playback
- Improves performance and stability of TV while watching DVB-C signal
- Improves decoding via CI+ after watching NETFLIX
- Only for use with the products sold in Europe. Not all models are sold in all countries.
- This software update is exclusively available for download on our support website.
Check the software version
Your software may already be up to date. If you're not sure, it's easy to check which version of software you have - follow these instructions:
- Turn on your TV and press the [HOME] button on the remote to display the Home Menu.
- Navigate to [Settings], and press [Enter].
- Navigate to [Customer Support] and press [Enter].
- The model and software version should be displayed on the top right-hand corner of the screen: "v8.215" - if the version number is "v8.215" or higher, you already have the most recent firmware.
What You Need
- a computer with access to the Internet
- a USB storage device
- Firmware update to v8.215 for TV
Zip File Name
- 145 850 493 bytes
- Read the instructions carefully or you could end up causing the TV to become unresponsive or require a repair.
- Do not turn the TV off - or disconnect it from the power - while it's updating.
- Do not press any buttons, except the ones mentioned in the instructions.
- Stop any recording before you start with the firmware update. (USB HDD recording models only)
How to download the Updater
Before you install the update, you'll need to download it from the Internet and save it to a USB storage device.
- Download the update file to your PC.
- Click the [Download] button on the top of this page, then read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the [Download] button on the bottom of the page to download the update file on your PC.
- Verify the downloaded file name and size.
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded.
- Verify that the size of the "sony_tvupdate_2016_8215_emf_auth.zip" file is "145 850 493" bytes.
NOTE: For Windows PC, verify the "Size" instead of "Size on disk" on the Properties screen.
- Extract the downloaded file.
After you extracted the downloaded file, you will find the folder "sony_dtv02B30B06B3B6_00100100".
- Insert the USB storage device into your PC.
- Copy or drag and drop the folder "sony_dtv02B30B06B3B6_00100100" to the root directory of your USB device.
NOTE: "The root directory" is the first or top-most directory of the device, which contains all the other folders.
- Remove the USB storage device from your computer and continue to the next section.
Step 1: Install the update
Once you've downloaded the update file and prepared your USB device, you can install it on your TV.The process can take up to 15-30 minutes and during the installation your TV will turn off before turning itself back on. Please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on the TV.
- Make sure that no USB devices are inserted into your TV.
- Insert your USB storage device containing the folder "sony_dtv02B30B06B3B6_00100100" into a USB port of the TV set.
NOTE: Any USB port can be used if the TV has multiple USB ports.
- Press [HOME] on the remote to open the HOME menu.
- Navigate to the [Settings] category and press [Enter] to select it.
- Navigate to and select [Customer Support].
- Navigate to and select [Software Update], then select [USB].
- A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on-screen instructions.
- The update will start and an orange Led light will start blinking on the front panel of the TV.
WARNING: During the software installation process, please do not:
- Remove the USB device
- Turn off the TV
- Disconnect the TV from the power supply
- When the "Firmware update complete" message is displayed on the TV set, the TV will turn off and then turn back on to complete the update. - Do not remove the USB device or turn off the TV set.
- After the TV turn back on, remove your USB storage device from the USB port.
Step 2: Check the update was successfulCheck the current software version to confirm that the update has successfully been installed.
- If the version number is "v8.215" or higher, the software update was successful.
- If the version number isn't "v8.215" or higher, download and install the update again.
Questions & Answers
Possible Issue During the Update
Need more information? See our FAQs about updating the software over the Internet:
- Will my personal settings be deleted after the update?
No, all your personal settings will be kept.
- Can I install an older version of the software?
No. To ensure that your TV remains at optimum performance, the installation of an older software version is not possible: the latest software version contains all the benefits and improvements of previous versions.
- Is it normal for the TV to turn off during the update process?
It is normal for the TV to restart during the update process. It will take a longer time for the TV to restart while installing the new software.
What to do if you have problems updating your TV firmware using the Internet
If either message "An error occurred during the software update" or "Software cannot be updated using this USB device" is displayed on the TV screen, please proceed to the following procedures for a possible solution:
- Make sure your USB storage device is in good working order. If it is, try downloading the update file again.
- Turn off the TV by pressing the [POWER] button on the TV set.
- Press the [POWER] button again, and proceed with the installation process again.
If the message "No newer version of the TV software was found" is displayed on the TV front panel display, your TV already has newest software version installed, so you do not need to update it.
For other FAQs about Troubleshooting, please see the "Questions and Answers" on the Sony Support Site.