Questions & Answers: 85
- Where can I find official Sony certified parts & accessories?Where can I find official Sony certified parts & accessories? All Sony certified spare parts and accessories are made available via our online authorised service partner EET Europarts. EET covers a vast range of
- Video tape importing guideDo you have a device that can play back your tape? Yes No NOTE: If there is mold, etc. on the video tape, do not play it back. This may cause your playback device to malfunction.
- Why is it important to use the correct (supplied) USB-cable with my product?Most Sony products that are supplied with a USB cable are catered to function with your specific product. Using a different cable might be the reason why your product isn’t functioning optimally. For example, your
- How to transfer DV or Digital8 videos to your MacYou can use Apple’s iMovie software to transfer video from a tape-based Handycam to your Mac for editing, storing or sharing. If you’re using Windows, please read our guide to transferring camcorder video to your
- Digital Imaging: Where to find the model name and serial number?Examples of correct model names: ILCE-9 | NEX-5 | DSC-W270 | DCR-SX15E Model Name Serial Number
- A moisture condensation error is displayed on the viewfinder or LCD screen.Turn off the camcorder and leave it for about 1 hour in a place with little moisture, then turn it on. The camcorder can be used again if the warning indicator does not appear when the power is turned on again.
- The power turns off or shuts down suddenly by itselfMost video cameras are designed to automatically turn off after a short period of time when not in use to help conserve the battery power. This normally occurs after the camera has been in the Standby mode for a
- An X or CLEANING CASSETTE message flashes in the LCD or viewfinder.This is an indication that the video heads of the camcorder may be dirty or contaminated. To attempt resolving this issue, use a dry head-cleaning cassette to clean the video heads. NOTE: Even after cleaning, if
- How to attach an accessory lens or filterTo attach an accessory lens or filter, follow the steps below. IMPORTANT: Some cameras require a lens adapter ring to connect accessory lenses and filters. In addition, some cameras have a lens ring that should