Try these methods one after the other. Verify whether the problem was solved after each method, before trying the next one.
- Make sure that NFC is activated on both devices.
To enable or disable the NFC function
- Find and tap Settings> Device connection> Connection preferences
- Tap the NFC switch
- Make sure that the screen of your Xperia™ device is unlocked and active.
- Hold your Xperia™ device and the other NFC compatible device so that the NFC detection areas of each device make contact, and then slowly move your device in all directions. Hold it really close, almost touching.
- Remove any protective case or cover from your device to verify that it's not blocking the connection.
- Make sure that your Xperia™ device isn’t already connected to another NFC compatible device. If so, disconnect them, and try to connect to the other device again.
- In some cases, NFC sensitivity may not be strong enough to connect using NFC. If so, use Bluetooth® technology instead of NFC to connect the devices.
To turn on the Bluetooth® function
- From your Home screen, tap the Application screen icon.
- Find and tap Settings > Device connection > Connection preferences.
- Tap the switch to enable or disable the function.
Tip: You can also turn Bluetooth on or off from the Quick settings panel.
To pair your device with another Bluetooth® device
- Make sure that the device you want to pair with has activated Bluetooth® and is visible to other Bluetooth® devices (pairing mode).
- Find and tap Settings > Device connection > Pair new device. A list of the available Bluetooth devices appears.
- Tap the Bluetooth® device that you want to pair with.
- Enter a passcode, if required, or confirm the same passcode on both devices.
- Tap PAIR.