IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Overview of ways to quickly launch the camera from the lock screen
You can quickly launch the camera from the lock screen using one of the following methods:
- If your device has a dedicated camera key, you can use it to launch the camera quickly. This feature is activated by default.
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press and hold down the camera key until the camera launches.
- You can adjust this feature so that the camera will both launch and capture a picture, or turn the feature off by going into Photography Pro → Menu → Launch with camera key → Off
- To activate the screen, briefly press the Power key.
- To launch the camera, swipe the camera icon upwards.
- Find and tap Settings → System → Gestures → Jump to camera/Quickly open camera
- Toggle the slider on/off
- When the screen is in sleep mode or from the lock screen, press the Power key twice.