- If the following symptoms occur during a hands-free call, updating the headphone software version to 2.1.0 or later may solve the problem.
- It is hard for the other party to hear your voice when you whisper
- The other party hears unpleasant noises when there are loud or irregular background sounds (like a vehicle or train) in your vicinity
Visit the model page on the Sony Support website and use the Sony | Headphones Connect app to update your headphones.
For your reference, you can make a hands-free call using a smartphone or mobile phone that supports the Bluetooth profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile), via a Bluetooth connection.
- If the issue is not resolved by updating the headphone software, or if you're struggling with something else than what is listed above, check the following:
- Sufficiently turn up the volume of the connected device
- Disconnect then reconnect the Bluetooth device:
- Quickly disable and reenable Bluetooth or
- repeat the pairing process after forgetting the Bluetooth connection in the Bluetooth Settings menu.
- Technical solution: select HFP or HSP as your smartphone Bluetooth profile. If your smartphone or mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP.
Check your smartphone user guide to see if this option is available.
- When you receive a call while listening to music with the headphones, stop music playback first before tapping the touch sensor twice quickly on the left or right unit to answer the incoming call