Firmware update for Sony’s 2016–2018 Android TVs (XD70, XD75, XD80, SD80, XD83, ZD9, XE80, XE83, XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94, A1, XF75, XF80, XF83, XF85, XF87, XF90 and AF8 Series) – 5th September 2018
We are pleased to announce that a new firmware update (6.562) will be released directly to your TV on the 5th September 2018 and will roll out gradually throughout the month.
This new firmware further enhances the TV’s performance by offering the following upgrades:
- Improves picture brightness in a specific set of circumstances
- Improved compatibility with the Home Theatre Control app
- Supports UHD HDR for BBC iPlayer Live Streaming
- Improves Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) picture brightness for Vivid mode*
NOTE: For the full list of features and benefits or to download this firmware, please go to your specific TV product page.
The recommended way to receive this update is by ensuring that the Automatic software download setting on your TV is turned ON. Your TV should then receive the update automatically, in the coming weeks.
Alternatively, you can download the firmware from the European support site, and update your TV using a USB flash memory device.
Sony always takes customer feedback into consideration, striving for innovation and overall product quality.
[Applicable TV model series]
- Sony’s 2016 Android TVs: XD70, XD75, XD80, SD80, XD83 and ZD9 Series
- Sony’s 2017 Android TVs: XE80, XE83, XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94 and A1 Series
- Sony’s 2018 Android TVs: XF75, XF80, XF83, XF85, XF87, XF90 and AF8 Series
Unsure which TV series your model belongs to? Here are some examples:
*2018 models only